Thursday, January 26, 2006

You Never Know

Alright, so, yesterdays schedule didn't go exactly as was planned, but I got done what needed to be done. The mark on my exam today is proof; I had to wait from 1030-330 to catch my bus, and shortly before I got on the bus I saw my religion teacher, Mr. Corsaut. He informed me that he had just finished marking our exams. I asked him if I passed, and he assured me I did. I asked him if he could tell me my mark. His response was, "What was your mark at the midterms?" '75...' "Well, it went up a few percent." I proceeded to harass him to tell me my mark. I asked 'Are we talking 78 or 77?' "I honestly don't remember." 'Well, I'm going for an 80 average, I guess I better pull up my socks..' He began to tell me that my mark was 80, but stopped himself because he was not certain, and he did not want to "make me mad." Whatever, I'm glad made my way through that exam with relative ease. The only hard part of that exam was the fill in the blanks; all definitions. We didn't learn a definition all year. Meh.

Tomorrow is math. This has me slightly worried, but I feel I've studied sufficiently. Another quick review of my study notes in the cafeteria in the morning and I should be set. Dad felt the need to encourage me tonight; "I'm glad you did well on your religion exam, sweetheart, but math is all that matters." Can you tell he's an accountant? He realizes that history (the reason he attends Western for fun) is less important than math. I mean, I'm all for math, I think that some math is necessary in anything, but Trigonometry? When am I going to use that? And, on top of all this, he knows math is one of my worst subjects. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Dad. Currently, he is not in my good books, not only for this comment...

I suppose I shall just have to wait and see. I did well on my religion exam, maybe God likes me again; perhaps he'll grace me with his presence tomorrow, help me pass math so I don't have to take grade 10 math all over again. Jesus.

Good luck to all, if anyone doesn't have anything to do from probably 1030-330, let me know. I'ma be borrrred.
Tobes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home