Friday, November 16, 2007

Fell in Love With a Bad Idea.

I have sat down at various computers several times in the last couple weeks, logged on to blogger (after many, many unsuccessful attempts) and began composing a new post. Each time I failed to come up with something to say. It seems a little strange, rejoining the blogging world this late in the game. It appears that I've decided to recommence posting just as some quit. I'm basically gonna do this for the same reason I always have: to put down recent happenings. But with the resurrection of my blog comes a new format. Basically I was sick of the old one, so I've changed it up. I'll put some links in eventually.


I have been reading the remaining posters posts regularly, commenting irregularly. I'm interested in what you guys are up to (although Blake's blog seems to hint at him living on youtube..) and I can only hope that you are vaguely interested in what's going on with me, which is, in all honesty, very little.

So, since September, my life has been quite a whirlwind of events. My final year at St. Mikes (yep, still there..) is turning out to be the best so far, however stressful. It's been a lot of partying, late nights, post secondary meetings, and work. Weekends have been filled with themed parties and work (although, now that the Festival's done, I'm basically unemployed), while weekdays have been mainly classes, rehearsal, and homework. My schedule for this semester is English, World Issues, spare, and World History, with a very VERY short lunch crammed in there. It's been a challenge getting used to 40 minute lunches, especially now that I can drive (oh, yeah, I can drive now. Well, I can, but haven't in the last month.) All in all, it's pretty slack, and I'm loving it. Today a group of us took out a seminar room and watched Donnie Darko on our spare, followed by a hardcore round of the Wikipedia game. Life is good.

Last weekend I had the good fortune do some small scale partying with Calder and Siobhan. I've resolved to do this more frequently, because the whole night rocked. It started with dinner at Down The Street, followed closely by drinking games, and was finished off with a late night viewing of Almost Famous. It couldn't have been better.

I haven't a clue what'll go on this weekend. Thinking I'm going to lay low, catch up on some much needed homework, and even more sleep. Sunday I've got rehearsal at school. I am Mrs. Bradman in Blithe Spirit. It's actually turned out to be one of my favourites that I've done at St. Michael, and it'd be great if there was actually a decent crowd this time around (hint hint.) I auditioned for The Secret Garden this week, but no word on that until some time next week. I must say, though, that there is a grade 10, I believe, named Liam, who bears an uncanny resemblance to Blake. It's unnerving.

I'm currently on the OUAC site checking out my transcript. Thinking about schools has caused the most distress. I'm ready to leave St. Mikes, but am I ready to leave my life and all my friends to go off to school? I don't know. I guess I'll find out soon enough. My top choices are as follows:
1. York.
2. Queen's.
3. Laurier.
4. Western.
I'm also looking at applying out of province, Montreal or British Columbia. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to go that far just yet. Hopefully a guidance counsellor will shine some light on that in the near future.

But for now, that is all I have to say. I can't promise I'll post regularly, but I'll try to do it at least once a month. Also, Kiersten has promised me that she too will rejoin the blogging world. Keep your eyes peeled for some action Ottawa way.

Once again,
MTOD.

1 Comments:

At 2:27 p.m. , Blogger Maranatha said...

What's the Wikipedia game?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home